What is Tangi Alert?
This is an emergency notification program will provide residents with alerts about any hazardous event. Messages will be sent to residents on their preferred contact paths—cell phone, SMS, home phone, email, fax, pager and more—to ensure real-time access to potentially lifesaving information.
How Do I Sign Up?
Click on “Sign Up” button to add your information to this notification system.
You will be asked to create an account:
· Create a Username and Password
· Usernames must be a minimum of 4 acceptable characters. Acceptable characters are: uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, period, dash (-), underscore (_), and at symbol (@). No other characters or symbols are permitted at this time.
· Passwords must be 8 to 64 characters long and contain at least one letter and one number. Special characters are permitted, but limited to !@#$%^&*(). Select a security question and enter its answer
· Enter a Registration Email Address. This address is used to send temporary passwords if you forget your credentials.
· Click “Create Your Account”
Complete Your Profile
After creating your user name and password, you’ll be brought to a page where you can complete your profile. This is where you enter your personal information, including First Name, Last Name and Registration Email.
Next, you will select how you want to receive alerts. Options may include SMS text messages, email, mobile phones, landlines, or a mobile application for Android and iOS devices. The order you set these contact paths will be the order we will try and reach you in the event of an emergency.
You can register as a resident or business
Use your company name for first and last name if registering a business.
Enter any Locations You Care About
We send alerts based on a geographical location on a map. Insert up to five addresses for which you want to receive an alert if the location is affected by an incident or upcoming event.
IMPORTANT – If the address you provided is not in our database of known addresses for our jurisdiction, you will be presented with other options to add your address into this system, including: selection from a list of suggested addresses,or dropping a pin to select your location on the map (Microsoft Silverlight plug-in is required). You will not receive any location based alerts if you do not provide a complete address.
Sign Up for Alerts You Care About
You’ll be presented with various alert subscriptions to sign up for. These could be important community alerts, weather notifications, etc.
Enter Additional Information
Provide your jurisdiction with additional information, such as [JURISDICTION ADD’L INFO OPTIONS HERE].
Once you have finished and saved your account, you have successfully signed up.
If you have any questions, call 985-748-3211.
TANGIAlert - QR CODE
All citizens will be able to go to WWW.TANGIALERT.ORG or scan the QR Code to register.